January 3, 2018 by Virginia
#Veganuary is going strong with millions switching to a plant-based lifestyle. Are you making the switch?
This is the time of year to start setting goals and you can rest assured that you can definitely reach a goal of healthier habits with this amazing ‘wake-me-up’ smoothie.
I have made this smoothie in two different styles, and set aside my favorite version to share with you today.
What you’ll get out of this smoothie:
- Protein Boost
- Energy Kick
- Healthy skin
- Immune System Boost
- Natural Detox
I like to drink this second thing in the morning, after my morning coffee. It’s a great breakfast replacement and adds energy to my caffeinated morning.
- 1 1/2 Cup Coconut Water
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Fruit* ( I used Frozen Pineapple)
- 1/2 Cup Spinach
- 1/2 inch Fresh Ginger (grated or chopped)
- 1Tbsp Chia Seeds*
- 1 serving or scoop of your favorite plant-based Protein Powder
- Add all ingredients and blend at 30 second increments.
- NOTE: It is important not to let your Nutri-Bullet running for longer than 30 seconds at a time, because it can overheat and potentially explode!
- Add Coconut water and spinach and blend until most of the leaves have disintegrated.
- Then add all other ingredients and blend until smooth.
For a Hand-Mixer:
- Prep Ginger, Frozen Fruit and Spinach, by chopping into small pieces.
- Blend Spinach into coconut water until texture is smooth.
- Add each following ingredient one by one.
- Frozen Pineapple tasted amazing in this smoothie! I also tried frozen mango, blueberries and pitaya. All of these frozen fruits tasted delicious, but Pineapple seemed the sweetest, which is why it is my favorite in this recipe.
- Chia seeds can be blended into the smoothie or sprinkled on top and simply mixed in
I hope you enjoy this smoothie as much as I do! Hopefully it will serve as the tool you need to keep that health kick resolution going for you 🙂