November 17, 2017 by Virginia
GLUTEN FREE & VEGAN PIE CRUST:
- 1 Ready made vegan crust or, Gluten Free & Vegan Pie Crust (unbaked) – Click Here for an Easy GF & Vegan Pie Crust Recipe
CASHEW CREAM INGREDIENTS:
- 1 Cup Canned Coconut Milk (full fat) – Don’t worry, this will NOT make the Pumpkin Pie taste like Coconut.
- 2/3 Cup Raw Cashews
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 2 Tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup*
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
PUMPKIN PUREE INGREDIENTS:
- 1 15 ounce Can Pumpkin Puree*
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/8 Teaspoon (Pinch) of Salt
- Line a Cookie Sheet with Foil to catch any drips and make transporting the pie in/out of the oven much easier. Place your Unbaked Gluten Free & Vegan Pie Crust on the Cookie Sheet & Set-Aside.
- Preheat Oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In Blender, place all Cashew Cream Ingredients & blend on high until smooth (no bits of cashews) – If you don’t have a high powered blender, let the Cashew Cream ingredients soak for 1/2 hour before blending.
- In Bowl of Stand Mixer (fitted with the whisk attachment) or in Mixing Bowl with Beaters, mix all Pumpkin Puree Ingredients until well combined.
- Add your Cashew Cream Mixture to the Pumpkin Puree – Mix until smooth & well blended.
- Pour the Pumpkin Pie Mixture into your Prepared Pie Crust – Be careful not to overfill.
- Place the Pie & the Cookie Sheet into the Oven. Bake for ONLY 15 at 425 degrees, then reduce the heat to 350 degrees for the remaining 40-45 minutes until the center of the pie sets.
- Remove Pie from oven and let cool on cooling rack completely. Tastes best if allowed to set-up and chill in the fridge for 2-3 hours or overnight before serving.
- Top with your favorite Non-Dairy Vanilla Ice Cream or Whip.
- Cover leftovers and store in fridge.
*Pumpkin Purree -Make sure you DO NOT use pumpkin pie mix, as that already has other ingredients and will not blend well in this recipe.
*Maple Syrup -Maple syrup can be a bit expensive, so if you’ve got a more frugal budget, Agave syrup will work fine.