October 24, 2017 by Virginia
This is a recipe many people have been asking me for!
It is always a hit at potlucks and family events. Use caution when baking these delicious treats… people will ask you to make it multiple times!
It is my go-to for Thanksgiving and Halloween. Rather than write it out for each person who’s asked me, I finally decided to share it here!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (or gluten free flour)
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon*
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg*
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger*
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves*
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegan margarine, softened (I used Earth Balance brand)*
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease baking sheets.
- COMBINE flours, baking soda, and baking powder in medium bowl.
- Beat sugar and vegan (Earth Balance) butter in large bowl until well blended.
- Beat in pumpkin, spices, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets.
- BAKE for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are firm.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes;.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- *These cookies are so soft, they can be baked into a mini-muffin pan for ‘mini-cupcakes’ (in picture above)! No change in the recipe needed!
- *Don’t have all the spices? You can use 1 + 1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice instead!
- *Looking for a lowfat version? sub the vegan butter with 1/2 Cup Applesauce!
- *Earth Balance Vegan Butter – The butter sticks work better here than the soft margarine in a tub.