March 17, 2017 by Virginia
Spring time is close at hand!
What a better way to celebrate the longer days than with my favorite refreshing smoothie!
This is one of my favorites. I often will blend this just before I head out to start my day and sip on it throughout my morning. When it starts to melt down a bit, I just add a few ice cubes to keep it cool for even longer. -Frozen cubes of coconut water add a bit more flavor to it as well 🙂
- 1 1/2 cups fresh watermelon, cubed (black seeds removed)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries*
- 1/2 ripe banana previously peeled, chopped and frozen
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup unsweetened plain almond milk*
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 Tbsp Chia seeds*
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth, adding more almond milk* to thin, or more frozen strawberries or ice to thicken.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more lime for acidity, banana for sweetness, or watermelon for a more intense watermelon flavor.
- Serves 2 – top with additional Chia seeds to mock watermelon seeds!
Best when fresh, though leftovers Keep covered in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
*Almond Milk: If you like your drink less creamy, you can substitute coconut water in place of the almond milk.
*If you happen to have a bag of frozen mixed berries, this is a great substitute for the frozen strawberries. Although either way it’s going to be delicious, Mixed berries do add a bit more color to your drink 🙂
*For an extra protein kick, I like to sprinke a bit of chia seeds on top. This also adds a bit of a decorative look to your drink when making it at parties!