January 31, 2017 by Virginia
My favorite on the go breakfast!
It’s late in the evening, and you know you have a busy day ahead tomorrow. You have to get up and go -but you know you don’t have time to make breakfast… so what do you do?
Overnight Oats is the answer! It’s a simple way to make sure your breakfast is set and ready to go. Simply mix all ingredients together in a spill-free container and refrigerate overnight. You can just grab and go in the morning. There are so many ways to make this delicious meal and customize your flavors literally any way you like!
I’ve played around with this and made dozens of flavored overnight oats, but this tropical combo is definitely my favorite, and that’s why I’m sharing it with you here!
Tropical Overnight Oats
- 1/2 Cup Rolled Oats
- 2 Tablespoons Chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Almond or Peanut butter
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1tsp Vanilla Exract
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Mango (or pineapple)
- 1/2 Kiwi, Sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Shredded Coconut (unsweetened)
- 2tsp Maple Syrup or Agave Nectar
- Mix the oats with water and chia seeds to distribute the seeds evenly. Then add your tablespoon of nut butter and mix OR you could save your nut butter to have as a topping. I like it mixed in.
- add in your lemon juice, syrup/nectar, and vanilla extract
- Top with frozen mango (or pinapple) and sliced kiwi
- Sprinkle coconut slices on as a topping.
- Refrigerate overnight (at least 4 hours)
- Grab ‘n go and enjoy! (optional: prior to leaving home, check to see if you like the consistency, I like to add just a splash of almond milk if it looks too thick)
Add extra toppings if you like! Pictured below, I’ve added a splash of almond milk and extra chia seeds:
This has definitely helped me out with my busy mornings. I am away from home about 10 hours at a time on a regular day and like to have something to hold me over throughout the morning. The oats and chia seeds make for the perfect combo to keep me full and satisfied until lunch time.
I hope you try it out and enjoy the convenience of a breakfast on-the-go, as I have!
Try out your own flavors. Substitute the mango, kiwi and coconut flakes for banana, vegan chocolate chips and instead of water, use cold brewed coffee!
The main base is: 1/2 Cup of oats, 1/2 Cup water, 2 tsp chia seeds, and nut butter, from there, you can mix a variety of flavors to create your own convenient breakfast to go!