October 12, 2016 by Virginia
The holidays are upon us! It may just be October, but they’ll be here before we know it! So what’s the best thing to do to naturally warm up while boosting your much needed energy for all of the events you’ll be attending? By getting up off that booty and moving! No one likes a quick workout just before dinner in the evening and this is one to definitely hit the spot!
Quick Barbell Workout:
*Quick note: Don’t have a barbell? Dumbbells work well for these exercises*
- Jumping jacks -30 seconds of fluid motion
- Stretch arms and legs for a full 30 seconds
(Complete 2-3 sets of 15 for each of the following)
- Barbell Bicep Curl: this targets the biceps for stronger, leaner arms
- Barbell Shoulder Press: Shoulder press works your upper body along with your shoulders
- Barbell Deadlift: This is one of the few moves that will actually work out most of the muscles in your body when done correctly -make sure to keep legs stiff and back straight at all times.
That’s it! Just three moves!
This is really designed to be super quick to help you destress at the end of the day. If you don’t have time to complete the full workout, try and complete sets of 5 instead of 15 -have more time? Add more sets!