April 20, 2016 by Virginia
Starting this week, I’ll be geeking out twice a week with my exercises… and I’m inviting YOU to join me and complete these workouts! Each workout post will have some sort of ‘geek theme’ …I’ll be doing a Batgirl Workout, Spiderman Workout, Catwoman, Thor, Buffy, Time Lord, Infamous, Kora, Storm Trooper, Adventure Time, Xena… and many, many, MANY more themed exercises.
Today will be the first!
So I hope you’ll join me in completing the Lara Croft Workout! Lara Croft has been one of my motivations ever since I played Tomb Raider 2 on my 95 Windows computer at the ripe old age of 8 years old. Although her boobs no longer look ..um… geometric, she’s always been in amazing shape (in artwork anyway). Looking at today’s updated games, she’s come a long way!
- Name: Lara Croft
- First Appearance: Core Design game, Tomb Raider by Eidos Interactive
- Profession: Archeologist
- Strengths: She has drive, is good with firearms, keeps flares handy, and has a ton of knowledge in regards to artifacts and locations.
- Weaknesses: Loss of Father, Scorpions, Small -yet Unruly Jungle Apes, Gunshot Wounds
So what does Lara Croft do to stay in such amazing shape? Mostly bodyweight exercises! and here’s her routine! Let’s get started!
Complete 3 – 7 sets for each exercise
(don’t know what level you’re at? do each one until failure).
- Lunges – 20 reps.
- Side Leg Raises – 20 reps. each side
- Squats -20 reps.
- Climbers – 20 reps.
- Punches – 20 reps. each side
- Push-Ups – 10 reps.
- Plank Jump-In – 10 reps.
- Plank Side-Bridges – 10 reps. each side
- Flutter Kicks – 20 reps.
Check in next time for more Geek Gym Sessions 🙂