January 14, 2016 by Virginia
Today is all about the Core. I’ll be doing some exercises for the abs, obliques, lower back and middle back… all with body weight -no dumbbells or barbells today.
Here we go!
Woke up late today, so I decided to do some stair climbing in place of my morning run. This I do at work; my building has 8 flights of stairs so I climb them during my 10 minute break just before starting my work day 🙂
15-20 minute walk or run at the park
Complete 3 sets of 20 reps for the following:
- Alternate Heel Touch -(works abs) See proper form HERE
- Flat Bench Leg Pull-In (works abs) See proper form HERE
- Oblique Crunches -(works obliques) See proper form HERE
- Ball Hyperextension -(works back) If you don’t have a ball, place a pillow on the seat of a chair. See proper form HERE
Complete each exercise for 1-2 minutes (I prefer until failure):
- Dead Bug – (works abs) See proper form HERE
- Plank – (works back and abs) See proper form HERE
- Superman -(works back) See proper form HERE
That’s it! Take that post-workout shake and chug it down because you deserve it 🙂